Under the supervision and direction of the Transitional Housing Manager and in collaboration with the Transitional Housing team, the Transitional Housing Case Manager provides support to the Transitional Housing program offered through the organization. This includes reviewing candidates for the program, assisting clients with housing related applications, and providing referrals to housing resources within the community. Responsibilities include advocating for victim’s rights, program implementation, and working with community partners. Other services provided include peer counseling, advocacy, rapid rehousing services, one-time rental/move-in assistance, and household establishment. This is a full time, long term opportunity located in Redding, CA.
Requirements of the Transitional Housing Case Manager:
- Relevant work experience with a social services agency serving individuals who have experienced trauma or working within a housing program.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to speak effectively in public and facilitate group discussions as needed.
- Ability to represent the company with professionally on agency business.
- Ability to pass a background investigation, including willingness to be fingerprinted and undergo pre-employment drug testing.
- Possession of a valid CA Driver’s License, reliable transportation, and providing proof of vehicle insurance.
- Satisfactory completion of a 66-hour Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Crisis Intervention Counselor training (post-hiring requirement).
- Lift and carry 25lbs, extend both arms above the head and/or reach below the waist, stoop, squat, crawl, bend the back or open lower-level filing drawers, or to retrieve stored items, climb a ladder or stairs, or use an elevator. Sit frequently and/or stand when filing, using copier, etc.
- Sit frequently and/or stand when filing, using copier, etc.
- Use fine manipulation (hands and wrist) to operate a keyboard, take notes; utilize desk calculator, file and copy documents.
Benefits of the Transitional Housing Case Manager:
$18.00-$19.00 an hour
Medical | Dental | Vision | Term-life insurance
Responsibilities of the Transitional Housing Case Manager:
- Provide client assessment and crisis intervention to walk-in/scheduled clients who have indicated a need for housing services.
- Review Transitional Housing Applications per assistance requested by victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and sex trafficking.
- Provide on-going case management including responding to reasonable needs to clients under the program’s budgetary restrictions.
- Knowledge of the program’s objectives and maintain compliance with the grant requirements.
- Perform data entry requirements in database – ServicePoint (HMIS)
- Attend weekly Transitional Housing and Residence Case Staffing with project staff as assigned.
- Assist in follow up reporting of funded projects by the direction and requests from Program Officer.
- Assist in in providing advocacy to clients in need within housing project.
- Prepare check requests for payment assistance – rent, move-in costs, utilities, etc. when needed.
- Assist with coordination of household establishment assistance with project staff and volunteers.
- Help train new transitional housing advocates on their essential job duties and guidance on a day-to-day basis.
- Provide follow-up services to clients participating in the program.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings an in-service training, as required.
- Ability to balance and provide self-care while meeting the demands of this position.
- Provide additional advocacy services to the agency’s clients on an as needed basis.
- Maintain Crisis Intervention Counselor Certification by participating in on-going continuing education (post-hiring requirement).
- Participate in the after-hours crisis hotline scheduling a minimum of two shifts each month (post-training).
- Other duties as assigned.
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position. This job appears on the O2 Staffing job board and Simpson University job board.