Locally owned industrial bakery is looking for their next Sanitation Supervisor. This position is full-time and long-term. Ideal candidates should be reliable and willing to learn the assembly and disassembly of industrial machines.
Requirements of the Sanitation Supervisor:
- 3 years of experience in the field or a similar manufacturing environment preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Provides strategic input and oversight for departmental projects and develops sustainable solutions.
- Skilled in reducing costs and managing timelines.
- Makes decisions that prioritize overall company success and customer needs over departmental/individual goals.
- Drives continuous improvement and organizes resources effectively, adjusting strategy as necessary.
- Demonstrates the ability to think analytically and synthesize complex information.
- Effectively delegates technical tasks to subordinates.
- Works effectively with departments and customers, and identifies opportunities for strategic collaboration.
Responsibilities of the Sanitation Supervisor:
- Responsible for the daily sanitation checklist and the frequency of the Master Schedule activities for cleaning the entire facility.
- Responsible for the weekly sanitation schedule and making any changes that might take place during the week.
- Keep track of KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) such as ATP swabs score (target 99%), APC score (target 99%), and Coliforms score (target 100%). These targets are essential for the business.
- Have excellent communication with all department head leads, including daily pass-downs between Sanitation, Production, and Maintenance.
- Meet weekly with the Quality Assurance and Sanitation Manager to review updated performances and projects.
- Ensure that all safety and quality standards are followed.
- The Sanitation Supervisor will be hands-on, monitoring the cleaning, assembling, and sanitizing procedures, policies, and records for our facility.
- Assist in troubleshooting and problem-solving sanitation, food safety, and quality issues.
- Perform to the highest standards of company and safety programs, guidelines, rules, and regulations.
- Always abide by Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Food Safety Standards.
- Maintain general housekeeping in all sanitation and production areas and additional areas assigned by the Quality Assurance and Sanitation Manager.
- Conduct daily pre-op inspections of the lines, equipment, and entire processing room.
- Must follow safety company guidelines, wear all PPE when required, and be an example for others on the floor.
- Available to lift 50% and ascend ladders in a safe manner.
- Ability to work 8 to 10-hour shifts, evenings, and nights, as dictated by production demand.
- Attendance on a daily basis, including weekends when required, and schedule flexibility with 24 hours' notice is an essential function of the job.
Pay and Benefits of the Sanitation Supervisor:
- $25 an hour, increase opportunity after successful probation period
- Monday through Friday, shifts vary based on business needs.
- Medical | Dental | Vision | Term-life insurance
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position. This job appears on the O2 Staffing job board and Simpson University job board.