A local nonprofit corporation with the mission to help protect the citizens, property, and natural resources from the effects of catastrophic wild land fires is looking for a Project Coordinator. This is a part time, long term position located in Palo Cedro, CA.
Requirements of the Project Coordinator:
- 2-5 years professional work experience.
- Must have basic proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point), Google and web-based apps.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Experience in assisting in writing and administering grants is beneficial.
- Must feel comfortable speaking and presenting in small public meeting settings.
- Can work independently on assigned tasks, have ability to work remotely (internet access), be organized, and personable.
- Basic knowledge of fire mitigation or forest/natural resource management a plus.
- Clean driving record.
Benefits of the Project Coordinator:
$21.00-$25.00 an hour, depending on experience
Part time hours, 15-20 hours a week
Responsibilities of the Project Coordinator:
“Firewise” Program community coordination (a national program that helps neighborhoods become fire-safe)
- Outreach to communities in Shasta County to promote Firewise program, including community meetings.
- Work closely with communities on all steps of the recognition process.
- Organize and present at community fire prevention education events.
- Provide support for grant applications, contracting, implementing, accounting, reporting, and record retention requirements for grants.
- Assist Executive Officer with administrative duties as needed.
- Manage website, editing and uploading content when needed (training provided).
- Manage and update Facebook and Instagram accounts.
- Monitor emails and calls from the public in regards to community events, meetings, and general questions.
- Other duties as assigned.
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position. This job appears on the O2 Staffing job board and Simpson University job board.