SUPERVISOR: Program Director
LOCATION: Girls Inc. Northern Sacramento Valley, Redding, CA
Girls Inc. of the Northern Sacramento Valley (GINSV) is an affiliate of Girls Inc., the 150-year-old national organization that inspires all girls to be strong, smart, and bold.
Since 2006, Girls Inc. of the Northern Sacramento Valley has served hundreds of girls across Shasta and Tehama counties. Our research-based curriculum provides girls with the skills and knowledge needed to navigate gender, economic, and social barriers and grow up healthy, educated, and independent. Informed by girls and their families, Girls Inc. National also works with policymakers to advocate for legislation and initiatives that increase opportunities for girls.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES: The Program Facilitator will be responsible for delivering Girls Inc. programs to girls in Shasta and Tehama counties. Program
Facilitators will help develop, deliver, and analyze all aspects of programs.
Candidates should be passionate about our youth, able to see their value and potential, and prepared to lead them towards successful, independent, and fulfilling lives.
Preferred candidates will show interest in delivering education and empowerment programs and strategies for girls in the Northern Sacramento Valley region.
COMPENSATION: $16-$18.00/ hour
JOB TYPE: Part-time, 10-15 hours per week based on need. Monday through Friday,
12 months per year. Occasional weekends are required.
BREAK DOWN OF DUTIES: 30% program delivery, 60% program development and prep, and 10% administrative requirements, ie data entry, communication w/ parents & schools, weekly write ups, survey delivery, and analysis.
- Collaboratively plans Girls Inc. programming with other Facilitators, the Communications Manager, and the Executive Director.
- Conducts educational and Girls Inc. programs at school sites in a group format.
- Assists with Ancillary program planning and implementation (workshops, outdoor activities, STEM events, and other non-official Girls Inc. program).
- Informs parents/guardians about the program content, goals, outcomes, and related activities.
- Informs Communications Manager, Program Manager, and Executive Director of issues, concerns, needs, trends, and unusual activities.
- Maintains accurate attendance records and student data in the tracking software.
- Coordinate guest speakers, field trips, and parent involvement in program activities.
- Conducts program surveys.
- Leads summer program planning and delivery.
- Provides coverage for other facilitators as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Collaborative work style, dedicated to ensuring that organization and team goals are met.
- Computer competency including PowerPoint, Excel, GSuite, Zoom, and other online program delivery platforms.
- Demonstrates leadership, decision making, responsibility, and reliability.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all Girls Inc. team members.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to use trauma informed language.
- Foster program participation in an inclusive and non-judgmental environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability among evolving priorities.
- Reliable Transportation
- Valid driver’s license
- Proof of work eligibility
- Need to have upon hire
PREFERED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED equivalency.
- Associate degree with an emphasis in early childhood education.
- Working with youth ages 5-18 which includes supervision, community relations, volunteering, internships, or federal work study.
Complete the application on Indeed and attach your resume and cover letter. No phone calls, please.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
At Girls Inc., employment is based upon one’s capabilities and qualifications. Girls Inc. ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, military status and political belief or any other protected characteristic as protected by law. Girls Inc. prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment by supervisors or employees. Girls Inc. will not tolerate harassment of our employees by anyone, including vendors. Further, Girls Inc. will take affirmative actions to improve the employment of minorities and Vietnam-era veterans.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.00 – $18.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Experience with children: 1 year (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: In person