As “The Business of Hopes and Dreams,” we believe that with the spirit “yes-I-can” in your heart, you can overcome the culture of “oh-no-you-can’t” and thrive. Mains’l is looking for a part-time Program Specialist who has the mentality of “Yes-you-can!”
Mains’l has the privilege of offering person-centered support to individuals looking to gain job-based skills, independent living skills, and support with their college endeavors. The selected candidate will mentor students and job seekers in collegiate, social, vocational, and independent living skills support to adults who receive services through our College Plus and Community Internship programs.
If you have tips and tricks to help navigate college, independent living, or job-seeking experiences, we welcome you to apply!
This position is part-time (10-15 hours per week). Scheduling is from 8 am – 5 pm Monday through Friday, evenings as needed.
The primary duties of the job would be:
- Supporting students to navigate the Shasta College campus and becoming familiar with different departments and services.
- Providing support for breaking down homework assignments into clear steps and helping students stay organized.
- Assisting students in finding appropriate tutors.
- Helping students learn how to live independently.
- Supporting students with utilizing community resources.
- Coaching individuals while they perform their ditties in the community internship or place of employment
- Acting as a liaison between community business partners and Mains’l
The perfect person for this amazing opportunity would have the:
- Ability to work with limited to no supervision.
- Ability to navigate college campuses and utilize student resources like financial aid, tutoring, academic counseling, etc.
- Experience working with college students and job seekers who have disabilities.
- Ability to communicate clearly and speak/ act professionally in a variety of settings.
- Ability to help plan program events and activities.
- Ability to plan and present a workshop or activity.
- Ability to make decisions for the good of the students, program, and fellow team members.
- Ability to identify, understand, or learn various learning styles and apply this knowledge on an individual basis.
- 18 years of age or older
- Ability to pass a background check through the Department of Justice (DOJ)
- Must have an available vehicle with a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance
Job Type: Part-time
Starting Rate: $16.00 ($16.25 after 90 days and completion of new hire training)
Full benefits are offered to qualifying Full-time employees including Paid time off (PTO), sick time, health, dental, life, voluntary life insurance, 401k, paid funeral leave, and education assistance.
Mains’l is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants.