Catalyst is a 501(c)3 non-profit located in Redding California. Our mission is to empower our community to invest in our kids through the power of mentoring. We are passionate about mentoring and the impact it can have on a kid’s life. As a team, we work to be encouraging, consistent, flexible, and problem solvers.
The Mentor Coordinator/School Liaison is the backbone of the school based mentoring programs. School Liaisons coordinate our school mentor programs that typically take place during lunchtime. The most important piece of the Mentor Coordinator position is supporting mentors and mentees. Mentor Coordinators fill in for mentors when they cannot make it and will have opportunities to meet with kids regularly. Other pieces include maintaining good relationships with all teachers, counselors, and administrators, and capturing data for funding requirements.
Mentor Coordinator Job Skills & Requirements:
- Experience managing groups of children of 15+
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Detailed understanding of Google Business Suite
- Must be relational with a high sense of discernment and discretion
- Pass a background check
- Project management skills
Mentor Coordinator Preferred Qualifications:
- Crisis De-escalation experience
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.00 – $17.00 per hour
- 4 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have reliable transportation? School Liaison’s must travel between the office and school campuses.
- Are you available to work between 9:30am – 2:00 pm Monday-Friday?
- Can you tell us more about your experience working with kids?
- Are you willing/able to commit to this position through at least the end of the school year?
- Associate (Preferred)
- working with youth: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location