A local private practice is looking for a Receptionist. This practice specializes in senior care, internal medicine, patients are between the ages of 55-100+. This position requires strong computer skills and some medical terminology, experience in a similar physician office (family, general, internal medicine) is preferred. Vaccine is required. This is a full time, long term opportunity located in Redding, CA.
Requirements of the Receptionist:
- Must have great computer skills
- Strong level of empathy and patience with seniors
- Compassionate on the phones
- Some medical is preferred but are willing to train
- Strong multi-tasker
- Excellent customer service
- Needs to be able to clearly communicate to seniors
- EHR use( experience with eClinicalworks is a plus)
Benefits of the Receptionist:
$18.00-$21.00 an hour, depending on experience
Responsibilities of the Receptionist:
- Greet patients upon arrival
- Answering patient phone calls and triaging
- Provide patients with intake and new patient forms as well as copies of our office policies and legally required documents
- Process payments from patients for co-pays and uninsured visits
- Checking patients in and out as needed
- Schedule appointments for new and recurring patients based on physician availability
- Maintain hard copy patient records as well as files
- Provide patients with support and guidance as needed
- Filling out forms, Prior authorizations, Calling pharmacies, Communicating with Home Health, Insurance etc.
- Requesting and sending records while complying with HIPAA regulations. Maintaining security of health information in all aspects. Fax machine and printer use skills.
- Scanning documents and filing in EHR , if needed
- Other duties as assigned
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position. This job appears on the O2 Staffing job board and Simpson University job board.