A medical group practice that is committed to providing quality primary and preventive care, behavioral health care, and community outreach services to the residents and visitors of the greater Shingletown area is currently looking for a Licensed Vocational Nurse. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment maintaining patient confidentiality and professionalism in a team-oriented environment. The candidate must be flexible in order to work both independently and as a team player. Must maintain confidentiality relating to SMC personnel, patients and organization information. This is a full time, long term opportunity located in Shingletown, CA.
Requirements of the Licensed Vocational Nurse:
- Completion of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nursing program and completion of IV Certification course.
- Current California LVN license and CPR certification.
- Minimum one year’s experience as an LVN preferred with experience in the community health center field is preferred.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Professionalism and reliability
- Ability to multi-task and be detail oriented
- Demonstrate excellent care and compassion when dealing with patients
Benefits of the Licensed Vocational Nurse:
$25.00 an hour
Full time, Monday-Friday
Medical, dental and vision care insurance for all full-time employees plus paid holidays, paid sick and vacation time, paid bereavement and jury duty leave.
Responsibilities of the Licensed Vocational Nurse:
- Provides support services to the providers in order to facilitate patient diagnosis, care, management and treatment.
- Assures privacy and confidentiality for each patient, as required under HIPAA.
- Ability to float to cover triage, injections and chronic care management within the scope of the LVN practice.
- Tracking of lab tests, radiology studies and referrals.
- Entering the data electronically in the correct format and documenting in appropriate health maintenance sections.
- Managing patient populations based on standing orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position. This job appears on the O2 Staffing job board and Simpson University job board.