The Human Resource Administrative Assistant is responsible for the administrative support of day-to-day human resource operations and leaves of absence administration. This is a full time, long term opportunity located in Redding, CA.
Requirements of the Human Resource Administrative Assistant:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience with Payroll, Human resource and legal document preparation or equivalent administrative experience required.
- SHRM credential or HRCI certification preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Valid driver’s license.
Benefits of the Human Resource Administrative Assistant:
$50-$60k a year, depending on experience
Responsibilities of the Human Resource Administrative Assistant:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists all HR Specialists with paperwork needs – such as onboarding, leaves of absence, unemployment insurance claims, benefits and workers compensation documents.
- Enhances the department and organizations reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Assists with the delivery of annual labor posters/ wage orders to all clients – tracks, updates and verifies information.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested (Note Taking, Letters, Forms, Investigation Assistance, etc.)
- Organizes meetings/trainings and takes minutes.
- Files documents into appropriate employee and client files, assists HR department with filing as needed.
- Stays current on HR knowledge and answers employee’s inquiries.
- Maintains human resource information system records by documenting employee and client correspondence and compiling reports from the database as needed.
- Creates and amends internal and external miscellaneous documents & updates Client Summary Sheets as requested/needed.
- Represent the company in community events and activities as required.
- Monitors and tracks work permits, food handler’s cards and inactive employees.
- Completes special projects by clarifying project objective; conducting research; developing and organizing information.
- Assists with the on-boarding of all new hires either physically in person or complete on-line process.
- Maintains confidentiality of internal documentation.
- Prepares files and documents for trainings and events as needed.
- Communicates with clients and external partners.
- Understands and practices safety standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position. This job appears on the O2 Staffing job board and Simpson University job board.