A local medical group practice is seeking a Front Desk/Courier. This position will provide clerical support for the Laboratory while providing for the needs of the clients, patients and staff in a professional manner. Courier Drivers are a critical component to the provision of customer service. Perform the delivery tasks and pick up of customer material and specimens in a polite, resourceful and professional manner. This is a full time, long term opportunity located in Redding, CA.
Requirements of the Front Desk/Courier:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must possess a valid California state driver's license
- Must hold current automobile insurance
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail
- Strong active listening skills
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to take imitative and prioritize tasks; good time-management
- Filing/data entry
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Excellent computer knowledge, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and internet
Benefits of the Front Desk/Courier:
$18.00-$20.00 an hour, depending on experience
Medical | Dental | Vision | Term-life insurance
Responsibilities of the Front Desk:
- Answer telephones and direct calls to appropriate personnel.
- Greet Patients, Clients, Suppliers, Couriers and Visitors who come to the lab.
- Maintain faxes incoming and outgoing.
- Maintain the daily Pathologist location board.
- Receive, log and fill supply orders for clients.
- Receive, log, and triage requests for Pathologist consults and frozen sections.
- Maintain inventory of client supplies and notify lab supervisor of needed supplies.
- Put away incoming supplies.
- Dispatch Pathologist & Tech to Hospital & Surgery Centers.
- Preparing cases to be sent out for consultation.
- Communicate with Pathologist: Verbal & Text.
- Upload outside patient's reports to Path Central and IntelliPath.
- Scan & Upload incoming reports.
- Communicate with all couriers, with a high level of professionalism.
- Represent the business with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Adhere to business polices and support Management decisions and goals in a positive, professional manner.
Responsibilities of the Courier:
- Ensure documents and specimens are delivered accurately.
- Picking up and delivering time sensitive specimens.
- Communicate with main office through a mobile device.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Load vehicle with listed goods ensuring goods are loaded correctly and taking precautions with hazardous goods.
- Plan and follow the most efficient routes for delivering goods.
- Obey all traffic laws and follow written and verbal geographic directions.
- Inspect vehicle such as mirrors, lights gas gauge, temperature gauge, tires, turn signals, and brakes in order to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition. Ensure that the vehicle has adequate gasoline and kept cleaned inside and outside washed. Report any mechanical problems encountered with the vehicles to your manager.
- Maintain a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Train for Hazmat spills-Provided by the Company.
- Other duties as assigned.
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position. This job appears on the O2 Staffing job board and Simpson University job board.