A local agency that serves people with developmental disabilities, and provides services and support that allow people with developmental disabilities to live productive and valued lives is searching for their next Fiscal Assistant. Under general supervision, provides accounting and processing support for Purchase of Service (POS) authorizations and payment claims. Performs related work as assigned. This is a temporary, full time position located in Redding, CA.
Requirements of the Fiscal Assistant:
- High school diploma or equivalent and AA degree us desired but not required.
- Proficiency operating 10-key with acceptable speed.
- Must have a valid California Driver License and liability insurance for the minimum amount prescribed by law or ability to provide for independent transportation. Must have and maintain a safe driving record and willingness/ability to travel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to correspond in a variety of mediums.
Physical Requirements of the Fiscal Assistant:
- Extensive sitting at workstation and in meetings.
- Frequent standing and walking.
- Adequate manual dexterity and coordination to operate standard office equipment.
- Occasional bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, reaching and stretching.
- Occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs. while moving paperwork, supplies and other office materials.
- Any of the above with reasonable accommodation.
Benefits of the Fiscal Assistant:
Starting at $19.24 an hour
Temporary full time, expected to last a minimum of 3 months
Monday-Thursday 8:00am-5:00pm and Friday 8:00am-4:00pm
Responsibilities of the Fiscal Assistant:
- Audits and processes vendor payment claims timely and accurately.
- Audits and processes POS agreements or POS authorizations received from the Case Management and Community Services Divisions, including verifying or entering vendor numbers, service codes and rates.
- Processes and coordinates the processing of Self-Determination budgets, authorizations, payments, and budget changes; assist in resolving problems with budgets or payments.
- Prepares Self-Determination fiscal year end budget rollover information.
- Answers inquiries from staff and vendors on procedures, guidelines and problems with authorizations, billings and payments; researches, analyzes and provides requested information making or requesting changes if needed to resolve problems.
- Prints POS authorizations and turnaround invoices.
- Processes medical invoices utilizing standard medical procedure codes, including DDS Schedule of Maximum Allowances (SMA) and CPT/HCPCS Medical Codes.
- Sorts, prepares and files a variety of materials, including claims, bills, check and monthly disbursement requests, benefit forms, checkfs, system reports, and authorizations.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties such as sorting and distributing mail, bursting, sorting and mailing materials, typing, shredding materials, and scanning into electronic imaging system.
- Processes Trust and POS checks; posts and writes handwritten Client and POS checks.
- May originate or process refunds or payment adjustments.
- Other duties as assigned.
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position. This job appears on the O2 Staffing job board and Simpson University job board.