A local golf and country club is seeking a controller/office Manager to join their diverse team. The ideal candidate for this position would have a good professional attitude, be self-motivated, and highly organized. This is a long term, full time position located in Redding, CA.
Requirements of the Controller/Office Manager:
- Advanced degree in Accounting is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of financial and managerial accounting principles and procedures.
- A strong combination of written and verbal communication skills to write, read, and comprehend written correspondence, concurrent with the ability to effectively communicate with guests and team members of the Organization is required.
- Experience with all functions of a professional office, involving clerical and administrative performance in an atmosphere where priorities and deadlines may change frequently is required.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
- Strong computer skills, concurrent with demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and online accounting systems is required.
- Organization is a drug-free workplace; applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Benefits of the Controller/Office Manager:
$75-$80K a year, depending on experience
Medical | Dental | Vision | Term-life insurance
Responsibilities of the Controller/Office Manager:
- Develop policies to control and coordinate accounting, auditing, budgets, taxes and related activities and records; develop, establish and administer procedures and systems pertaining to financial matters; prepare financial statements, forecasts and analyses for all administrative and managerial functions.
- Maintain all accounting records and is responsible for development, analysis and interpretation of statistical and accounting information.
- Supervise the staffing, scheduling, training and professional development of department members.
- Implement data collection systems and process and record salary/wage payments.
- Manage the club’s health, retirement and other benefits programs. Conduct labor analyses, staff planning and other studies as requested.
- Formulates, receives and recommends policy proposals for approval relating to accounting and auditing, the budget, revenue and cost control procedures, preparation and payment of payrolls, tax compilation of statistics and office methods and procedures
- Directs or prepares the monthly trial balance and resulting financial statements including Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Statement of Changes in Financial Condition for the club along with required supporting schedules and other data necessary for financial reports and record.
- Prepares budgets and financial forecasts in coordination with the various committees, departments and General Manager
- Works with the club’s external auditors to assure that procedures are consistent with club policies
- Prepares and verifies reports made to agencies and trade and professional organizations for which dissemination is consistent with club policies
- Verifies the taking of inventories for beverages, food, supplies, equipment, furnishings, etc.
- Verifies that all insurance records for club property are properly maintained
- Reconciles monthly ledgers including receivables, payables, bank accounts, asset accounts and wage accounts
- Prepares and/or supervises preparation of applicable federal, state and local tax returns
- Prepares accounting reports as necessary and appropriate for dissemination to the Board of Directors, and other club committees
- Monitors to assure that procedures for effective receiving and storeroom control are in place and consistently used
- Selects, trains, supervises and evaluates accounting staff
- Attends monthly Board; Finance Committee and other meetings as required
- Oversees member billing and collection procedures
- Compiles, approves and maintains credit applications for vendors
- Negotiates and administers employee benefits including health and life insurance, pension plans, and workers’ compensation. Gathers information and assists the General Manager in making decisions about employee benefit plans
- Maintains Fixed Asset ledgers and prepares depreciation schedules for monthly entries
- Handles assigned projects as they relate to the department and club’s needs
- Audits members and guests’ charges; checks cash sheets to assure that all receipts for member’s accounts have been posted
- Safeguards all funds in bank accounts; assures that revenues are properly and correctly deposited and supervises the drawing of all checks
- Monitors collection of past due accounts, advises General Manager and Board when difficult situations may arise
- Compiles and adheres to departmental budget; takes corrective actions as necessary to help assure that budget goals are met
- Plans professional development and training activities for staff
- Assists in developing/placing recruitment ads; plans recruitment strategies; assists in screening applicants and makes hiring recommendations
- Conducts/reviews wage and benefit surveys; proposes employee benefits enhancements to the General Manager
- Continually reviews and assists in updating the employee handbook and personnel-related policies; assists in the management of the Club’s progressive discipline program
- Manages the Club’s group insurance, unemployment and related benefits programs; communicates benefits information to staff
- Oversees all work-related injury claims to ensure integrity, on-going case management and reporting compliance
- Performs special projects as assigned by the General Manager
- Supervises Accounts Receivable Clerk; Accounts Payable Clerk; Cashier; and Administrative Assistant.
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position. This job appears on the O2 Staffing job board and Simpson University job board.