As “The Business of Hopes and Dreams,” we believe that with the spirit “yes-I-can” in your heart, you can overcome the culture of “oh-no-you-can’t” and thrive.
Mains’l is looking for a Program Specialist that has the mentality of “Yes-you-can!” The selected candidate will help support and provide collegiate, social, vocational, and independent living skills support to adults with high-functioning Autism.
Our College Plus department offers services to people we support in their endeavors with college. This position allows you to be a mentor to students, assisting them with their studies and navigating their college careers. Additionally, the Program Specialist supports with independent living to live the life of their choosing. If you have some tips and tricks to help navigate their college experience or life in general, we welcome you to apply!
The primary duties of the job would be:
• Supporting students to navigate the Shasta College campuses and becoming familiar with different departments and services.
• Providing support for breaking down homework assignments into clear steps and helping students stay organized.
• Assisting students in finding appropriate tutors.
• Helping students learn how to live independently.
• Supporting students with utilizing community resources.
The perfect person for this amazing opportunity would have the:
• Ability to work with limited to no supervision.
• Ability to navigate college campuses and utilize student resources like financial aid, tutoring, academic counseling, etc.
• Experience working with college students and/or people who have disabilities.
• Ability to communicate clearly and be professional in a variety of settings.
• Ability to help plan program events and activities.
• Ability to plan and present a workshop or activity.
• Ability to make decisions for the good of the students, program, and fellow team members.
• 18 years of age or older
• Ability to pass a background check through the Department of Justice (DOJ)
• Must have an available vehicle with a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance
The average schedule is Monday through Friday with hours depending on the College Plus students’ class schedules. Times vary from 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM. There are monthly evening and potential weekend social activities that will adjust the regular weekly schedule.
Job Type: Full-time
Starting Rate: $16.00 ($16.25 after 90 days and completion of new hire training)
The maximum pay rate is $17.75 per hour based on the number of years of experience at Mains’l
Full benefits are offered to qualifying Full-time employees including Paid time off (PTO), sick time, health, dental, life, voluntary life insurance, 401k, paid funeral leave, and education assistance.
Mains’l is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants.