The person selected for this position will be responsible for assisting a classroom teacher in the general supervision and management of a class of infants between the ages of 8 weeks- 2 years or a classroom of children from 2 -5 years. This is a part time, long term opportunity located in Redding, CA.
Requirements of the Teacher’s Aide:
- The person selected for this position must be at least 18 years old.
- In the process of becoming professionally prepared to be a teacher of young children.
- Meet the requirements of our licensing agency.
- Must have a warm and friendly personality, enjoy being around children, maintain a positive attitude and create a positive atmosphere.
- Be sensitive to the feelings of others, be able to relate to children.
- Be willing to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with the University’s educational philosophy.
Benefits of the Teacher’s Aide:
$15.00 an hour
Monday-Friday, 7:00 am -12:30 pm and 12:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Responsibilities of the Teacher’s Aide:
- Assist in planning and implementing the daily program under the direction of a teacher.
- Assist in planning and preparing the learning environment, setting up
- interest centers, and preparing needed materials and supplies.
- Jointly supervise the classroom with a teacher.
- Help with general housekeeping tasks.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude in the classroom.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Attend staff meetings on the 3rd Thursday of every month with a learning tool you have made with our supplies that will become property of the University.
- Attend recommended training programs and conferences.
- Participate in professional organizations that work for the improvement of early childhood education.
- Other assigned duties.
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position. This job appears on the O2 Staffing job board and Simpson University job board.