Position: Associate Pastor
- Personal relationship with and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ.
- This position serves as an ex officio member of the Elder Board; therefore, this man must meet the qualifications of an elder as listed in 1 Timothy and Titus.
- Thorough knowledge of Scripture (College level or Bible school training strongly preferred).
- Subscribe to the Statement of Faith, Constitution, By-Laws, goals, and policies of Faith Baptist Church.
- Proven involvement in fruitful ministry within a local church (experience in vocational ministry a plus, though not absolutely necessary).
- A pastor’s heart evident in:
- A “Great Commandment” love for God and others.
- A “Great Commission” commitment to evangelism and discipleship.
- A passion for equipping the saints to do the work of the ministry.
- A team player mindset evidenced in loyalty to the congregation, its mission, the
- elders and church staff.
- A commitment to prayer for the church family.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to recruit, motivate and equip volunteer teams.
- Have full support of spouse to the ministry (if married).
- Experienced guitar or keyboard player, and vocally proficient in praise and worship style of music.
Position Responsibilities: (including, but not limited to)
The Associate Pastor’s ministry time and emphasis will primarily focus on worship; to be defined as:
Worship leading and training (approximately 80% of the position)
- Planning, preparation and coordination of worship services with input and direction from the lead pastor.
- Selection of all worship music.
- Coordination of special music, and special worship events.
- Leading and training for worship within LIFE (small) groups.
- Coordinate worship team schedule and practice.
- Work with the Finance Committee to develop and implement the worship budget.
- Maintain presentation software, database and CCLI License information
- Oversee Sound Techs, Songshow programming, and system maintenance
- Lead Worship at weekly services and select special events.
- Recruiting, training, and scheduling people for services.
- Make sure sound booth is manned for funerals, weddings, and special events.
- Confirm that radio programs and website downloads are prepared by Sound Tech.
- Oversee preparation of sound equipment and stage needs for services.
Position Additions: (approximately 20% of the position)
- The Associate Pastor will assist the Lead Pastor in equipping the congregation to fulfill the mission and purpose of the Church.
- Involvement in additional areas of ministry in coordination with the Elder Board may include: pulpit supply, teaching, visitation, general pastoral care, attendance at staff and Elder Board meetings.
- Maintain scheduled office hours in building.
A competitive salary and full benefit package will be set based upon education and experience.
To apply please send resume, references, and recording (digital) of you leading worship to:
Faith Baptist Church
ATTN: Pastor Stuart Boyer
777 N. Saginaw Ave.
Hines, OR 97738
Electronic Applications can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the church, please visit: www.faithbchc.com