Position: Associate Pastor of Worship and Family
- Personal relationship with and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ.
- This position serves as an ex officio member of the Elder Board; therefore, this man must meet the qualifications of an elder as listed in 1 Timothy and Titus.
- Thorough knowledge of Scripture (College level or Bible school training strongly preferred).
- Subscribe to the Statement of Faith, Constitution, By-Laws, goals, and policies of Faith Baptist Church.
- Proven involvement in fruitful ministry within a local church (experience in vocational ministry a plus, though not absolutely necessary).
- A pastor’s heart evident in:
A “Great Commandment” love for God and others.
A “Great Commission” commitment to evangelism and discipleship.
A passion for equipping the saints to do the work of the ministry.
A team player mindset evidenced in loyalty to the congregation, its mission, the elders and church staff.
A commitment to prayer for the church family.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to recruit, motivate and equip volunteer teams.
- Have full support of spouse to the ministry (if married).
- Experienced guitar or keyboard player, and vocally proficient in praise and worship style of music.
Position Responsibilities: (including, but not limited to)
The Associate Pastor’s ministry time and emphasis will primarily focus on worship and family; to be defined as:
- Worship (approximately 30-40% of the position)
- Planning, preparation and coordination of worship services with input and direction from the lead pastor.
- Selection of all worship music (both traditional and contemporary).
- Coordination of special music, and special worship events.
- Coordinate worship team schedule and practice.
- Work with the Finance Committee to develop and implement the worship budget.
- Maintain presentation software, database and CCLI License information
- Oversee Sound Techs, Songshow programming, and system maintenance
- Lead Worship at weekly services and select special events.
- Recruiting, training, and scheduling people for morning services.
- Make sure sound booth is manned for funerals, weddings, and special events.
- Confirm that radio programs and website downloads are prepared by Sound Tech.
- Oversee preparation of sound equipment and stage needs for services.
- Family (approximately 50-60% of the position)
- Develop and maintain a trained and coordinated leadership team of adults and parents from the congregation to help with youth ministry functions.
- Cooperate with the youth leadership team to develop programs designed to:
-disciple youth in the Scriptures and Christian character
-evangelize churched and unchurched youth.
-create fellowship opportunities for believing youth.
-encourage equipping of our youth through involvement in other church ministries
- Serve as mentor for youth interns you help recruit.
- Chair (and voting ex officio member) of the Christian Education Commission, and will serve as the Elder Board representative.
- Plan and execute a yearly calendar for the youth ministries.
- Phone calls to students and leaders as needed.
- Plan weekly youth program along with other youth leaders.
- Evaluate progress of the program and spiritual health of each youth.
- Keep parents informed of youth events and youth needs.
- Endeavor to be involved in the schools in such a way as to support youth from our church family and to establish relationships with school faculty and with students.
- Oversee and manage the youth ministry budget.
Position Additions: (approximately 10-20% of the position)
- The Associate Pastor will assist the Lead Pastor in equipping the congregation to fulfill the mission and purpose of the Church.
- Involvement in additional areas of ministry in coordination with the Elder Board will include: pulpit supply, teaching, visitation, general pastoral care, attendance at staff and Elder Board meetings.
- Maintain scheduled office hours in building.
- Conduct weddings, funerals, and counseling as needed.
A competitive salary and full benefit package will be set based upon education and experience.
To apply please send resume, references, and recording (digital) of you leading worship to:
Faith Baptist Church
ATTN: Pastor Stuart Boyer
777 N. Saginaw Ave.
Hines, OR 97738
Electronic Applications can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the church, please visit: www.faithbchc.com