A local non-profit is currently seeking qualified candidates to interview for an accounting assistant position. Candidate must have a great attitude and be team and customer service oriented. This is a full time, temporary opportunity located in Redding, CA.
Requirements of the Accounting Assistant:
- Successful candidate will be team focused with a BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance or 3+ years of accounting experience.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand and communicate business processes.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Able to communicate verbally and electronically with a high level of professionalism.
- Advanced knowledge of general accounting
- In-depth understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Must be able to work with all levels of management
- Strong organizational skills
Benefits of the Accounting Assistant:
$27.00-$33.00 an hour, depending on experience
Monday-Thursday 7:30am-5:00pm, Fridays 8:00am-12:00pm
Temporary full time, expected to last a minimum of 3 months
Responsibilities of the Accounting Assistant:
- Assist with financial reports, records, and accounts
- Manage billing processes
- Assist in maintaining the general ledger
- Reconcile bank statements
- Prepare documents for audits
- Perform general bookkeeping and organize financial forms, documents, and receipts
- Assist with other tasks/projects as required
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position. This job appears on the O2 Staffing job board and Simpson University job board.