One-Eighty is a faith-based nonprofit “dedicated to the restoration of our city through 180º turns towards thriving physically, emotionally, & spiritually.”
Since 2002, Our mission has brought us into contact with at-risk young people with both big potential and big struggles. One-Eighty Adventures is a part of a multi-faceted “wraparound” approach to meet the needs of these students, and to help them meet their potential. It is the job of Adventures staff organize and facilitate shared experiences that open up possibilities for these kids, build character, perseverance, and leadership, and ultimately help them discover and unlock their God-given gifts and potential.
Practically, this will include single-day excursions such as kayaking, day-hikes, visits to state and national parks, and rock climbing both indoors and on real rock. It will also feature Multi-day experiences that take kids across the state to the Monterey bay, Tahoe, Yosemite, and even into the backcountry for some real wilderness experiences.
In addition, the Adventures will participate in the other facets of our organization, including counseling programs , our teen center, and our community development programs. We have designed this apprenticeship to offer not only an experience with outdoor education and ministry, but an introduction to working with at-risk young people in a holistic and transformative way.
- $18 per hour, 40 hours per week
- Training in the areas of counseling, evidence-based strategies, mentoring and relational discipleship
- Certificates available—WhyTry, Parent Project, Too Good for Drugs
- Primary, One-Eighty Adventures Lead Guide
- Secondary, One-Eighty lead staff for Community, Youth, and Counseling programming
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Clean background check
- Wilderness First Responder certification, to be completed before first adventure program
- Committed faith in Jesus Christ as God, Savior and the way towards an “abundant life”
- Demonstrates the tangible love of Jesus
- Eagerness to learn new ways of demonstrating, communicating, and re-defining the love of Jesus to a non-believing world
- Active, physically fit and capable, and loves the outdoors
- Strives for excellence in everything he/she does
- Motivated self-starter
- Desire to work with at-risk teenagers in a mentor role
Current Job Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the lead guide, facilitate all aspects of the One-Eighty Adventures program, including logistics & administration, programming, on-trip leadership, and clean-up/organization.
- Actively build relationships and provide mentoring to the at-risk young people across the One-Eighty ecosystem who would potentially participate in Adventure programming
- Participate one or more days per week as a One-Eighty Teen Center staff member, with more days in this role during the adventures offseason
- Participate with One-Eighty Community as a part of their school site staff, offering lunchtime and after school activities to younger students as adventure schedule allows
- Attend a bi-weekly Case Study Huddle (lead by our professional counseling staff), focusing on counseling skills, case management for at-risk young people, and the interaction of our faith with our work
- Attend monthly All-Team Trainings
- Yearly help with fundraisers, speaking engagements, team projects, and clean-up days as One- Eighty needs and you are available.
For more information, Contact Jake at firstname.lastname@example.org