O2 Employment Services is working with a local ophthalmology office is seeking highly motivated and detail-oriented individual to join their team as a Scribe/Ophthalmic Technician. In this dual role, you will provide essential support to their ophthalmologists by assisting with documentation and performing preliminary eye exams. This position requires strong multitasking abilities, excellent communication skills, and a commitment to delivering exceptional patient care. This is a part time, long term opportunity located in Redding, CA.
Requirements of the Scribe/Ophthalmic Technician:
- Basic knowledge of ophthalmic terminology, anatomy, and common eye conditions.
- Proficiency in using electronic medical records (EMR) systems and basic computer skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to document patient encounters accurately and efficiently.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload effectively.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and collaborate with healthcare professionals.
- Compassionate and empathetic approach towards patient care, ensuring a comfortable and positive experience.
- Willingness to adapt to changing technologies and medical procedures in the field of ophthalmology.
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment while ensuring accuracy and professionalism.
Benefits of the Scribe/Ophthalmic Technician:
$17.00-$19.00 an hour, depending on experience
Part time, Monday-Thursday, average 24 hours a week
Responsibilities of the Scribe/Ophthalmic Technician:
- Assist ophthalmologists with documenting patient encounters, including medical history, examination findings, and treatment plans.
- Accurately enter information into electronic medical records (EMR) system, ensuring completeness and clarity of data.
- Prepare patients for examination by gathering relevant medical information, measuring visual acuity, and recording intraocular pressures.
- Perform diagnostic tests and procedures under the guidance of ophthalmologists, such as visual field testing, tonometry, and fundus photography.
- Educate patients about diagnostic procedures, pre-operative instructions, and post-operative care.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment, ensuring that equipment is properly sterilized and calibrated.
- Assist with inventory management, ordering supplies, and restocking examination rooms.
- Collaborate with the ophthalmic team to ensure smooth patient flow and efficient clinic operations.
- Maintain strict adherence to patient confidentiality and privacy regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position. This job appears on the O2 Staffing job board and Simpson University job board.