O2 Employment Services is working with a local Insectary to find their next Quality Assurance Processing Operator. This is a full-time, long-term position located in Redding, CA.
Requirements of the Quality Assurance Processing Operator
- Bachelor’s in agriculture (Food & Resource) or related scientific field, OR currently pursing degree, OR minimum of 1 year related experience
- Proficient understanding of basic entomology principles
- Basic Excel skills
- Effective and assertive communication skills
- Strong familiarity with the use of stereoscopes and other basic laboratory equipment
Benefits of the Quality Assurance Processing Operator
- $17.00 – $21.00/hr, depending on experience
- Vision, dental, medical
Responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Processing Operator
- Utilize stereoscopes, microscopes, moisture analyzers, aspirators, and analytical balances for precise counting and analysis of arthropods.
- Operate computers proficiently for report generation and prompt responses to relevant situations.
- Handle various arthropods following appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines.
- Perform sieving tasks and transport production supplies, including Peat Moss, Vermiculite, and Bran.
- Adhere to the Objectives, Goals, Actions, and Measures implemented by the corporate structure throughout the Beneficial Insectary.
- Assist in the meticulous collection of data using specified methods such as Cone n cut, Wet counts, Tape Counts, Emergence, Aspirator counts, and others.
- Analyze, organize, and share data effectively within the team and across the corporate network.
- Proficient manipulation of delicate product samples and fine-thin materials such as sieved Vermiculite and Bran.
- Provide assistance in production and processing activities, including packaging materials, preparing raw material mixtures, and measuring received products for inventory control.
- Other duties as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position. This job appears on the O2 Staffing job board and Simpson University job board.