O2 Employment Services is working with a local Insectary to find their next Quality Assurance Lead. This is a full-time, long-term position located in Redding, CA.
Requirements of the Quality Assurance Lead
- Bachelor's degree in agriculture (Food and Resource) or a related scientific field.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- Solid foundational knowledge of entomology.
- Proficiency in basic Excel functions for data management.
- Assertive communication skills for effective interaction with various stakeholders.
- Proficient in the use of Stereoscope and other basic laboratory equipment.
Benefits of the Quality Assurance Lead
- $22.00 – $35.00/hour, depending on experience
- Vision, dental, medical
Responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Lead
- Supervision of operators primarily engaged in data collection.
- Must manage activities, breaks, and communicate changes efficiently with the team.
- Utilize stereoscopes, microscopes, moisture analyzers, analytical balances, and aspirators for precise counting and analysis.
- Regularly use computers for generating reports and ensuring swift responses in various situations.
- Differentiate a diverse range of arthropods produced and sold by the company, adhering to all relevant safety protocols.
- Conduct sieving tasks and assist in the transportation of production supplies, including Peat Moss, Vermiculite, and Bran.
- Uphold the Objectives, Goals, Actions, and Measures implemented by the corporate structure across all departments within Beneficial Insectary.
- Assist in the meticulous collection of data using established methods, such as Cone n cut, Wet counts, Tape Counts, Emergence, Aspirator counts, and others.
- Analyze, organize, and effectively share data within the Beneficial Insectary and across the corporate network.
- Proficient manipulation of delicate product samples and fine-thin materials such as sieved Vermiculite and Bran.
- Aid in the documentation and updating of forms and documents used within the Beneficial Insectary.
- Contribute to the training of employees.
- Provide assistance in production and processing activities, including packaging materials, preparing raw material mixtures, and measuring received products for inventory control.
- 10%-25% travel to local facilities and other locations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position. This job appears on the O2 Staffing job board and Simpson University job board.