O2 Employment Services is working with a local oncology practice that is looking for a Medical Assistant. The role of the medical assistant is to assist all Physicians, Nurse’s, and patients with needed responsibilities daily. This is a full time, long term position located in Redding, CA.
Requirements of the Medical Assistant:
- Medical Assistant Certificate (State Certification, C-MA, not required but welcome)
- Prior work-related experience helpful
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Great time management
- Excellent customer service
- Strong level of empathy and patience with patients
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Organized and diligent
- Competent computer skills including MS Office or equivalent
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Benefits of the Medical Assistant:
$21.00-$23.00 an hour, depending on experience
Medical | Dental | Vision | Term-life insurance
Responsibilities of the Medical Assistant:
- Oversee and ensure efficient turnover of exam rooms.
- Always maintain exam rooms in a neat and clean manner.
- Comply with patient needs at all times.
- Escort patients from waiting room to examination rooms.
- Remove dressings, casts, etc., and provide patients with gowns as necessary per Physician instruction.
- Ensure patient charts contain all pertinent information and are placed in designated areas for Physicians' use.
- Alert Physicians of patients' allergies prior to beginning exams.
- Assist Physicians with injections, aspirations, castings and/or other procedures as necessary.
- Monitor supply levels and replace as needed.
- Instruct patients regarding information needed once they leave the office to include:
– Pre & Post Care – medication usage
- Photocopy information given to patients, and place copies in appropriate charts.
- Apply knowledge of sterile techniques and OSHA regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position. This job appears on the O2 Staffing job board and Simpson University job board.