O2 Employment Services is working with a local glass shop to find a Glazier Assistant. The ideal candidate will have good eye-hand coordination, be able to lift heavy objects, and have excellent communication skills. This is a temporary position with the ability to go long-term for the right candidate.
Requirements of the Glazier Assistant
- MUST have construction experience
- MUST have clean driving record
- Ability to lift heavy objects.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Good communication skills.
- Professional appearance.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations.
Benefits of the Glazier Assistant
- $18.00 to $30.00 – pay depends on experience
- Full time, dayshift hours.
- Vision, Dental, Medical benefits available
Responsibilities of the Glazier Assistant
- Interpreting blueprints to determine the shape, size, color, and thickness of glass for installation procedures.
- Measuring and marking lines or patterns on glass before cutting.
- Cutting glass to size and specifications in the workshop and on the job site.
- Measuring, cutting, and fitting anti-glare film to glass if required.
- Loading glass or mirror fittings onto delivery trucks for transport to job site.
- Driving trucks to job sites and unloading glass and materials.
- Cutting and removing broken glass prior to new installation.
- Cleaning the job area once glass has been installed and the client is satisfied.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position. This job appears on the O2 Staffing job board and Simpson University job board.