O2 Employment Services is working with a local insectary to find their next Engineer. The ideal candidate should be reliable, organized and self-motivated. This position is full-time, long-term.
QUALIFICATIONS OF ENGINEER:
- Bachelors in Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in designing, developing, and maintaining manufacturing machinery and equipment.
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Availability to fix machine breakdowns in evenings or on weekends when necessary
REQUIREMENTS OF ENGINEER:
- Advanced arithmetic & analytical skills
- Working knowledge of mechanical diagnostics
- Comprehensive reading and legible writing skills to manually record data
- Ability to track procedures according to calendars and schedules
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions, manuals, processes, and procedures
- Ability to follow safety rules in compliance with Cal-OSHA
- Working knowledge of proper hand tools and power tools for specific applications
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, team leaders, and management
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (with or without accommodation):
- Stand, walk, bend over, kneel, crouch, reach overhead, grasp, push, and pull
- Move, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds to shoulder height
- Sitting, walking, or standing for up to 3 hours at a time
- Manual dexterity to use hand tools, power tools, computer keyboard, telephone, and various mechanical implements
- Vision, hearing, and speaking necessary to perform job duties
BENEFITS OF THE ENGINEER:
- $80,000-$110,000, DOE
- 401(k), Dental/Vision/Medical/Life/AD&D, Paid Time Off
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ENGINEER:
- Identify deficiencies in electrical or mechanical processes and design/develop improvements
- Designing and developing prototypes, using tools like computer-aided design (CAD) software and other specialized software applications (2D & 3D)
- Liaise with machine vendors to design new machines & re-order replacement parts for existing machines.
- Preparing documentation of critical analysis and providing suggestions for correcting errors
- Continuously learning and keeping up-to-date with advances in technology, materials, and manufacturing processes.
- Maintain, repair, and clean packaging machines, sieves, racks, trays, and other equipment
- Troubleshoot, install, and repair ac/dc motors, starters, relays, and drives
- Install and perform diagnostic tests on mechanical systems
- Optimize mechanical efficiency daily by adjusting machinery and equipment settings as well as monitoring and correcting as needed
- Disassemble/reassemble equipment such as gearboxes, cylinders, pumps, valves, etc. and repair/replace worn or defective parts
- Install newly purchased equipment and understand technical manuals, read blueprints, and how to purchase replacement parts necessary to make equipment repairs
- Document processes and maintain mechanical service records
- Develop and implement mechanical maintenance plans to prevent costly equipment breakdowns
- Follow strict adherence to anti-contamination procedures, including movement of people and equipment
- Other duties as assigned
O2 Employment Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs to perform the essential functions of the position. This job appears on the O2 Staffing job board and Simpson University job board.